In accordance with Articles (55) of the Articles of Association of Al Baraka Islamic Bank (B.S.C) –Closed) the Board of Directors of the Bank is pleased to invite the Shareholders to attend the Bank’s Annual General Meeting to be held on Thursday 11 May 2017 at 12:00 a.m. at the Headquarter of AlBaraka Banking Group, Shaikh Saleh Abdulla Kamel Hall, 1st floor, Bahrain Bay, Kingdom of Bahrain.
The Agenda for the Annual General Meeting shall be as follows:
1.To review the report of the Board of Directors on the activities of the Bank for the Financial Year ended 31/12/2016
2. To review Sharia Supervisory Board’s report for the Financial Year ended 31/12/2016
3. To review and discuss the External Auditors’ report for the Financial Year ended 31/12/2016
4. To approve the Financial Statements and the Profit & Loss Accounts for the Financial Year ended 31/12/2016
5. To approve the Board of Directors recommendation to pay the Board Members a remuneration of US$ 199,200 after obtainment of the required official approvals.
6. To absolve the Directors from liability for the Financial Year ended 31/12/2016
7. To appoint external auditors subject to the approval of the Central Bank of Bahrain for the Financial Year ending 31/12/2017 and to authorize the Board of Directors to fix their remuneration.
8. To review the Corporate Governance Report as per CBB instruction:-
(a). To review the evaluation of the performance of AIB Board, Members and Committees.
(b). To review the percentage Report of Board of Directors attendance at Board Meetings for 2016.
9. To elect Members of the Board of Directors for new turn of three years from the election date after obtainment of CBB’s approval.
Khalid Rashid Al Zayani